If you are looking for free audio content, Spotify’s Word genre offers a diverse of spoken word materials, podcasts, audiobooks, poetry , short stories and more. Right now the collection is somewhat small, but is growing.
Here’s a sampling of what you’ll find:
- A collection of public domain audiobooks including works like The Great Gatsby and The Secret Garden.
- An interesting selection of poetry, including readings by Dylan Thomas, Robert Frost and W.B. Yeats.
- A diverse literature and short story selection, ranging from Dickens to Russian and French literature.
- Radio dramasand spoken word performances in crime, sci-fi and vintage categories. (There’s even an selection of audio dramas from the sci-fi classic, Blake’s 7.)
- A collection of speeches, including famous speeches by Martin Luther King, Joseph Campbell and Noam Choamsky.
- Want to learn a foreign language? There are lessons in audio courses in Spanish, Italian, French, Chinese and even Irish.